Don't Miss a Single MWSA Post! Subscribe Here!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

MWSA Authors helping each other and sharing stories

Hello MWSAers!

Since I'm so far behind on getting the MWSA website updated, I thought I'd get even further behind and spruce things up a bit here on our MWSA blog.

For two conferences in a row, I've noticed that there's a pretty strong need for an online meeting place for MWSA authors to share "war stories" about their authoring, editing and marketing efforts. Even those of us with years of experience and thousands of books published (not me) can learn from other MWSA members.

During our most recent get-together in Pittsburgh, for example, a small group of us had a very interesting session about marketing in general, and Amazon.com marketing specifically. At that small meeting, we promised to try and maintain the enthusiasm and initiative by using our MWSA blog to keep in touch and to share our experiences in our efforts to get the word out about our books.

With that in mind, I'm trying to facilitate MWSA members' use of this blog.

We'd love to hear from you!!!

If you'd like to participate, you can do so by responding (making comments) to existing blog entries. Or, if you'd like to get more involved, please send me your email address and we'll add you to our "approved author list." This will allow you to start your own blog comments.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions/comments/lessons learned... anything!

Let's hear from you and keep up the level of enthusiasm we all experienced up in Pittsburgh!

Thanks,
John Cathcart
MWSA Webmaster

PS. Speaking of marketing on Amazon.com, a while back I began writing a series of articles on “tricks” you can use on Amazon.com’s website. It’s a work in progress, but I think we could all share our experiences, learn together, and improve our knowledge of online marketing. The articles can be found here: http://militarywriters.com/Amazon_tricks.html. You can also find it by hovering your mouse over “Resources” (on our main menu) then “For Writers” then clicking on “Amazon.com tricks.”

Please make any suggestions/additions/comments to those articles and share your own experiences on this blog!

1 comment:

  1. Bravo Zulu, John, for shepherding the blog.

    As a hope-to-published author, I look forward to hearing "war stories" from MWSA authors.

    Topics: I'm thinking of posting ideas I find for books, marketing and articles, the latter including for Dispatches magazine.

    Dispatches: As copy editor -- please submit your articles to Joyce as early in each month as possible. I'm no spring chicken; working 'til wee hours to meet the deadline does get weary.

    Thanks all for contributing to the MWSA blog.

    PS: I much prefer Facebook vs Twitter.

    ReplyDelete

MRS. LIEUTENANT: A SHARON GOLD NOVEL

Richard Lowry's Blog